Monday, March 10, 2008

On Call


So I'm on call tonight, which is not as fun as it sounds. I get to wear a bunch of pagers clipped to my waistband, and I get to sleep in an impossibly cold call room (if I get any sleep, that is). On the bright side, I have approximately $275 in call money - which means I could buy everyone in the cafeteria dinner tonight. Maybe I will. But occasionally I will see some cool things, like tonight when we had to resuscitate a baby born with gastroschisis (that means she was born with her intestines outside her body - no, really, it does). I was going to find a picture of gastroschisis and post it, then thought better of it (you can thank me later, Jenna). Those of you who are curious will just have to find the picture yourselves (I'd suggest google images, they've got some good ones - and yep, that's what it looked like. Cool.)
-Lianne

3 comments:

emily said...

That makes me sad...was the baby ok? I don't think I could be a doctor. I would be really bad. Maybe not as bad as Jenna...but bad. She would pass out...I would just cry!

Jenna said...

Let's all leave Jenna out of this. She can't help it. And, I do love babies, but....nasty.

Rachel Farley said...

That must have been so hard for the parents. I can only imagine how much better they felt with you there Mrs. Farley. I bet you are soo good. Wish I could see you in action. It was so fun to see you guys! Oh yes and I don't know if Mike told you, but I got the job!