
What do you think? Styling. Yeah I know.
OK, the real car is a little nicer than that. We got a 2009 Toyota Corolla "S". It is a big step up from to the car it replaces; my 1996 Saturn with a cracked windshield, taped up rear windows, a quart of oil leak per tank of fuel, dial adjusted tape deck and torn up upholstery. This new car gets 38 mpg highway and 30 mpg city (for me, I am not sure what Lianne will get, but if past cars are any indication it will be substantially less: she has a bit of a lead foot). The interior is very nice and quiet, it has a stereo that plays MP3s, an iPod input, alloy wheels, a sun/moon roof, a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty, 6 airbags and ABS among other things . All in all we a very pleased with it although it might be quite awhile before we buy another new car as the experience of instant depreciation, paying new car taxes, etc. was a little painful for me. Well, you live and you learn. With any luck I will be able to drive this one into the ground also.





6 comments:
Oooh! It's so cool! For a second I thought you were serious with the first picture and I had my doubts, but the new one is snazzy indeed!
Wow!!! love the new wheels. I, Too, almost fell for the first car pic, thinking you poor thing, You have lost your touch with reality..but then I see!!! and wow, this is a cooooooool veehickle indeed. Have fun toolin around KY, and of course a trip home to the great state of Iowa. Love mom
Hey - I was confused and disoriented by the first picture but as I followed your story it all came together for me. What a great car! Very sweet indeed and with outstanding gas mileage too..what a deal. I am envious and hope it doesn't move Dad closer to his next brand new car..at least for a while.
But best of all will be seeing you guys drive up in it - August 10 in Virginia - its a date...and my birthday (in case). Love you, Mom
You are so funny Mike. i am glad you are my brother. I just about started crying I was laughing so hard when I saw the first picture, I knew that was not it after all the distress I knew you went through.
So, the car is snazzy. I like it a lot. I think you should be proud of your purchase. It's a great daddy car and I can already see those little curly hair little Liannes saying "I want to ride with daddy because his car is red and cool!" :D
Tell your lovely wife hello. We should have a skype date if there is ever a time we can all get off at the same time. We really miss you guys.
Hope all is well in KY. Can not wait to hang out soon! Thank you for your sweet comment on the blog about the diamond by the way.
Ok love from iowa!! Rach
Hey wow.... i likey the new wheels Mike. Makes me proud to call you my brother in law. I miss you guys. You should drive that pooch up to iowa so i can see you... and it..... and you. Much love. - Jaron
Wow I finally got here to see your new wheels! Very nice looking and I'm sure fun to ride in. Congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing you both soon in VA.
Love always,
Dad
P.S. Off to buy a car.....
Post a Comment