I have been playing around with my new camera and reading about high dynamic range photography on a few
sites. If done right you can get very
surreal looking photos or just extend the range you are able to display in a more normal looking photo (imagine showing the inside of a cave and the bright outside of the cave both exposed well). So I decided to give it a try. Basically you take a couple of bracketed exposures (changing the exposure compensation 1-2 steps above and below the "right" exposure) and then combine them in Photoshop or other programs (I am thinking about getting
Photomatix as it does a great job), then tweak the "curves" to make it look more artistic or normal and voila!... HDR pictures.
Here is a example: (remember this is my first attempt and I am admitdly not that skilled at the "curve adjustment part of things")

Here is Lianne taking a nap in HDR...

It has been fun exploring new photography techniques and I will have to try some more soon but I guess I should study for the
BCPS exam as it is looming (Oct. 3rd!).
4 comments:
sweet!! I want to see more of your experiments - I think that concept is cool. Good luck on the test!!
EWWW, me likey
yikes test!!! but very cool photos!
Very cool! It amazing the things we can get done while procrastinating other things. Thanks for the cool post. Keep the photo stuff coming.
Post a Comment